Health and Human Services Executive Council
Welcome and Opening Remarks.
The meeting was convened by Victoria Ford. Ms. Ford stated that this is their first virtual meeting, and mentioned three initiatives:
Inspector General Quarterly Report.
- Last month, pilot program for SNAP purchasing groceries online
- WIC in Williamson County using a mobile benefits registration
- 24-hour hotline for behavioral health
Dirk Johnson provided the update. During the second quarter of FY 2020, the OIG recovered nearly $97.2 million. In addition, another $47.3 million was identified for potential future recoveries, and just more than $29.7 million was achieved in cost avoidance by deterring potentially questionable spending before it occurs. Highlights:
- Medicaid and CHIP provider enrollment screenings performed: 23,110
- Inspections in progress: 7
- Audits in progress: 24
They have worked through and ar