We provide our clients with instant, real-time reporting of events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
Our focus is the Health and Human Services Commission and its component agencies as well as the relevant enterprise council meetings, advisory committees, work groups, rate hearings and monthly budget updates on the status of appropriated dollars within each health and human services department.
Members not only have access to our entire catalog of filed reports, but receive email notifications the minute we publish a new report.
Our coverage includes but is not limited to:
- Agency rule development
- Rate changes
- Details on legislative hearings and meetings, HHSC, TDI and advisory councils
- Updates on the impact of federal healthcare policy on Texas
- Legislative interim committee meetings and
- Sunset Advisory Commission hearings
RESEARCH and ANALYSIS
Our staff has decades of research experience in health and human services as well as in state and federal government. Additionally, we provide technical analysis on budget and fiscal policy within the state government.
- Agency and legislative presentation development
- Assessment of service delivery across agencies and departments
- Assessment of promising practices in other states and application to Texas
- Development of policy positions on behalf of clients
- Ad hoc research as requested by the client
- Historic assessment and analysis of issues and services
- Analysis of proposed legislation on services in Texas
- Analysis of rules formulation and compliance with state law and client objectives
- Regulatory environment factors impacting client services
- Analytical guidance in accessing contract dollars
- Fiscal and programmatic impact analysis on proposed rules