Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
Texas Insight Recent Reports
Comparison of House and Senate Special Provisions Related to Article II in Senate Bill 1. This report contains a comparison of the House and Senate Article II Special Provisions in Senate Bill 1. Read the report.
House and Senate Side-by-Side Comparison of Appropriations: HHSC. This report contains a comparison of House and Senate appropriations for the Health and Human Services Commission. Read the report.
April 27, 2021
- House Committee on Human Services: NOTICE
April 28, 2021
State and Federal Healthcare News
- In House budget debate, flashpoints include Medicaid expansion and COVID funds for ISDs
- State puts temporary hold on San Antonio emergency children’s shelter
- A quarter of Texans are fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Gender-affirming medical treatment for transgender kids would be considered child abuse under Texas Senate bill
- Keeping children safe calls for foster care reform, persistence in investigations, experts say
- Texas recommends resuming Johnson & Johnson vaccine shots after CDC, FDA give green light
- CDC director: US seeing ‘hopeful decline’ in COVID-19 cases
- C.D.C. Eases Outdoor Mask Guidance for Vaccinated Americans
- Democrats Outline ‘Care Infrastructure’ Plan, With Paid Leave And Child Care
- White House: No decision yet on vaccine patent waiver
- U.S. pharmacies are told to offer second vaccine doses to people who got first shots elsewhere.
- As Opioid Deaths Surge, Biden Team Moves To Make Buprenorphine Treatment Mainstream
- Despite new C.D.C. mask guidance, the U.S. patchwork of mandates will take time to unravel.
- Pfizer CEO: Oral drug to stop coronavirus could be ready next year
- Democratic senators urge Biden to include health care in economic plan
- GOP doctors in Congress release video urging people to get vaccinated
- 5M Americans have missed second vaccine dose: report