Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
Special Report: House and Senate High-Level Budget Comparisons as Introduced, 87th Legislature, DFPS and DSHS. This summary provides an overview of the appropriations included in the House and Senate General Appropriations Bills, focusing on the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) and the Department of State Health Services (DSHS). Read the report.
Special Report: House and Senate High Level Budget Comparisons as Introduced, 87th Legislature, Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC). This summary provides an overview of the appropriations included in the House and Senate General Appropriations Bills, focusing on the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC). Read the report.
January 26, 2021
- This meeting will be webcast: Palliative Care Interdisciplinary Advisory Council (PCIAC) Agenda
- This meeting will be webcast: Mental Health Condition and Substance Use Disorder (MHCSUD) Parity Workgroup Agenda
January 27, 2021
- This meeting will be webcast: Joint Committee on Access and Forensic Services (JCAFS) Agenda
January 28, 2021
- This meeting will be webcast: Texas Diabetes Council (TDC) Agenda
- This meeting will be webcast: Intellectual and Developmental Disability System Redesign Advisory Committee (IDD-SRAC) Agenda
January 29, 2021
- This meeting will be webcast: Statewide Behavioral Health Coordinating Council (SBHCC) Agenda
- This meeting will be webcast: Texas HIV Medication Program Advisory Committee (THMP-MAC) Agenda
- Texans receiving federal food assistance could soon get more aid under Joe Biden’s executive order
- A growing chorus of advocates and others call for changes to the way Texas is administering COVID vaccines
- Texas now reporting a record average of 300 COVID-19 deaths a day
- Abbott to deliver State of the State on Feb 1 at 7pm
- Point of Order: Funding Texas schools during a pandemic
- Austin Public Health will get another 12,000 coronavirus vaccine doses this week
- In win for Planned Parenthood, U.S. Supreme Court wipes case law supporting Texas pandemic abortion ban from the books
- A nightmare from day one: How a lack of federal vaccine guidance led to confusion in states, cities
- “If we’re all sick, we can’t legislate”: Coronavirus cases at Texas Capitol put lawmakers further on edge
- How to connect with your Texas lawmakers during the pandemic
- 10 months into pandemic, Texas’ unemployment rate stays near Great Recession-level highs
- Biden’s bipartisan push hits wall on COVID-19 relief bill
- The Biden Administration Is Working To Buy 200 Million More COVID-19 Vaccine Doses
- More contagious Brazilian variant of coronavirus found in US for first time
- They Lost Sons To Drug Overdoses: How The Pandemic May Be Fueling Deaths Of Despair
- Harris Receives Second Vaccine Dose
- Biden takes steps to boost number of vaccine doses sent to states
- Nursing Home Critics Say COVID-19 Immunity Laws Are Just A Free Pass For Neglect
- Aetna Agrees to Expand Coverage for Gender-Affirming Surgeries
- CDC researchers find ‘little evidence’ of major school outbreaks, with precautions
- The White House extends Covid-19-related travel bans on Brazil and much of Europe and adds South Africa.
- Eli Lilly says antibody combo significantly cuts COVID-19 death risk
- How America’s Food System Could Change Under Biden
- Fauci: Double-masking ‘just makes common sense’
- Biden Names His Personal Doctor, Kevin O’Connor, to Be White House Physician
- Johnson & Johnson on track for 100 million vaccine doses by end of June, bolstering US supply
Access this document for state and federal COVID-19 updates from this week.