Texas Insight’s Recent Reports
HHSC: Public Hearing on Proposed Medicaid Payment Rates for the Residential Care Program, Assisted Living Services, and Personal Care 3 Services. The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) conducted a public hearing to receive comment on proposed Medicaid payment rates for the Residential Care (RC) program, Assisted Living (AL) services, and Personal Care 3 (PC3) services. HHSC proposes to reduce the Service Support cost component for the RC program and for AL and PC3 services to reflect the most recent increase in federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payments in accordance with [provided] rate-setting methodologies. Follow this link to read the full report.
HHSC: State Medicaid Managed Care Advisory Committee. The Committee gathered to hear Advisory Committee chair updates; hear State Medicaid Managed Care Advisory Committee (SMMCAC) subcommittee updates; discuss the annual SMMCAC report to the Executive Commissioner; hear Health and Human Services Commission updates; hear a Legislative implementation update; and more. Follow this link for the full report.
State and Federal Healthcare News
- What you need to know about Texas’ new surprise medical billing law
- 2019 Utilization Review in Managed Care STAR+PLUS
- Texas Awarded Funding to Help Pregnant and Post Partum Women Affected by Opioids
- Study finds no ‘statistically significant’ correlation between baby powder and ovarian cancer
- Warren would end ‘subminimum’ wage in plan to aid disabled U.S. workers
- Conservative group to spend $4M attacking Pelosi’s drug pricing plan
- Trump administration restricts some e-cigarette flavors
- On The Knife’s Edge: Using Therapy To Address Violence Among Teens
- Medicaid expansion improved health in Southern states: Study