Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
HHSC: State Preventative Health Advisory Committee. The committee gathered to finalize the proposed Fiscal Year 2020 Preventive Health and Health Services Block Grant Work Plan. However, an insufficient number of members were present, so they reviewed the discussion of the previous meeting. This report contains their comments, and a draft of the FY 20 Block Grant Work Plan. Read the full report.
July 16, 2020
July 17, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: e-Health Advisory Committee
- EMS Education Committee Meeting Governor’s EMS and Trauma Advisory Council
- Texas has the highest uninsured rate in the U.S. And during the pandemic, an estimated 659,000 Texans lost their health care.
- Gov. Greg Abbott warns if spread of COVID-19 doesn’t slow, “the next step would have to be a lockdown”
- Cornyn, Cruz, South Texas Congressmen Call For HHS Field Hospital
- More than 8,000 new coronavirus cases, 80 new deaths in Texas Sunday
- Feeding tubes, hallucinations and numb toes: One Texan’s battle to survive COVID-19
- Texas runoff elections show stress of coronavirus pandemic on state’s voting systems
- Austin Public Health to distribute oximeters to high-risk coronavirus patients
- Houston hospitals are increasingly turning away new patients as coronavirus overwhelms emergency rooms
- Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner in favor of a step back, two-week shutdown to reduce COVID-19 spread
- As Texas morgues fill up, refrigerator trucks are on the way in several counties
- Coronavirus Briefing: What Happened Today
- Baby Was Infected With Coronavirus in Womb, Study Reports
- Long waits for test results spark new COVID-19 fears
- Lab that tested U.S. execution drug will no longer accept lethal injection samples
- In Astounding Test, Scientists Revive Damaged Lungs for Transplant
- What You Need to Know About Protective Face Masks
- Health Care Takes Center Stage in Battle for Congress During Pandemic
- Bottleneck for U.S. Coronavirus Response: The Fax Machine
- Surgeon general says U.S. can reverse coronavirus surge in a few weeks ‘if everyone does their part’
- Fracking Firms Fail, Rewarding Executives and Raising Climate Fears
- ‘Hero’ Pay Raises Disappear for Many Essential Workers
- CDC Employees Call Out Agency’s ‘Toxic Culture of Racial Aggressions’
- Senate Democrats call for $25B for vaccine production, distribution in next package
- Coronavirus FAQ: How Do I Protect Myself If the Coronavirus Can Linger in The Air?
- Trump’s Health Officials Warn More Will Die as COVID Cases Rise
- WHO chief: Pandemic ‘going to get worse and worse and worse’
- Most voters in areas hardest hit by new coronavirus surges think states opened too quickly: poll