Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
Texas Insight Recent Reports
HHSC: Proposed Medicaid Payment Rates for the Medical Transportation Program – Special Review. The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) conducted a hearing to receive public comment on proposed Medicaid payment rates on May 4, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. Read the report.
The Comptroller Saves the Day… Yet Again. The Biennial Revenue Estimate Revision Surprises Few. Lordy… It’s a Miracle. Just minutes after the Conference Committee on SB1 announced their retreat from the public eye to address the differences between the Senate and the House versions of SB1 (General Appropriations Bill), Texas Comptroller Glenn Hegar revised the state’s Biennial Revenue Estimate (BRE) indicating that Texas now has $3.12 billion more in revenue for 2022-23 than first projected in January… Read the analysis.
- Breakdown of LBB Issue Docket for Article II
- This meeting will be webcast: May 13, 2021 – STAR+PLUS Pilot Program Workgroup (SPPPW) Agenda
- This meeting will be webcast: May 14, 2021 – Texas Council on Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke (TCVD) Agenda
State and Federal Healthcare News
- Republicans creating causes of action: Texas House advances 6-week abortion ban on a vote of 81 to 63
- More than a quarter of Texans are fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Texas gets $15.8B bonanza in pandemic aid, far more than it lost in revenue
- “You need that help”: Mom wishes she had better care after giving birth on Medicaid
- How effective are COVID-19 vaccines in the real word? Two studies offer ‘stunning’ results, doctor says
- Medicaid expansion for uninsured Texans had bipartisan support, but lawmakers won’t pass it this session
- Dell Medical School developing technology to improve access to health care for homeless population
- “Serious, harmful consequences”: Texas continues placing foster children in harm’s way, court monitors find
- FAQ: What You Need To Know About Pfizer’s COVID Vaccine And Adolescents
- Biden health official says COVID-19 vaccine booster shots will be free
- Uber and Lyft will provide free rides to vaccination sites until July 4, Biden says.
- How Is The COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign Going In Your State?
- The White House will allow undocumented college students access to emergency pandemic aid.
- Top HHS official: COVID-19 could require annual boosters
- Opioid Crisis: Filmmaker Details The Medical System’s ‘Crime Of The Century’
- New Drugs Could Help Treat Obesity. Could They End the Stigma, Too?
- Americans Will Lose Unemployment Benefits If They Turn Down Jobs, Biden Says
- Average US daily COVID-19 cases below 40K for first time since September
- What Are Puberty Blockers?
- U.S. Will Protect Gay And Transgender People Against Discrimination In Health Care
- AIDS virus used to help immunodeficient babies, toddlers
- Health Advocate or Big Brother? Companies Weigh Requiring Vaccines.
- Blind Patients Hope Landmark Gene-Editing Experiment Will Restore Their Vision
- Biden announces 1 million have enrolled in special ObamaCare sign-up period
- Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine is Highly Effective Against Variants, Studies Find