Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
Texas Insight Recent Reports
Summary: Senate Committee Substitute for SB1 Article II, Health and Human Services. This report provides a summary of the HHS-related provisions in the Committee Substitute to Senate Bill 1. Read the report.
April 7, 2021
- This meeting will be webcast: Public Health Funding and Policy Committee (PHFPC) Agenda
State and Federal Healthcare News
- Rep. Talarico begins push for insulin price cap bill in the Texas House
- Texas has administered nearly 13 million vaccine doses, and 16.5% of its population is fully vaccinated
- Gov. Greg Abbott issues executive order preventing state agencies from requiring vaccine
- Texas minors receive COVID-19 vaccine in error
- Scientists Race To Develop Next Generation Of COVID Vaccines
- Biden Moves Up Vaccine Eligibility Deadline for All Adults to April 19
- Five states account for nearly 44 percent of new US COVID-19 cases
- Woman Gets New Windpipe In Groundbreaking Transplant Surgery
- Why Modern Medicine Keeps Overlooking Menopause
- CDC: Almost 80 percent of teachers, childcare workers have gotten at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose
- African Immigrant Health Groups Battle Trans-Atlantic Tide Of Vaccine Disinformation
- Likely Legal, ‘Vaccine Passports’ Emerge as the Next Coronavirus Divide
- Vaccination pace picks up steam; normality appears closer
Access this document for state and federal COVID-19 updates from this week.