Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
Texas Insight Recent Reports
MARCH 29, 2021: Article II Markup Comparison by the Article II Subcommittee of the House Appropriations Committee and Senate Finance Committee: HHSC. This report contains a comparison document of SFC and HAC S/C Article II mark-ups to Article II provisions related to the Health and Human Services Commission. Read the report.
MARCH 30, 2021: Article II Markup Comparison by the Article II Subcommittee of the House Appropriations Committee and Senate Finance Committee: HHSC. This report contains a comparison document of SFC and HAC S/C Article II mark-ups to Article II provisions related to the Health and Human Services Commission. Read the report.
Markup of Member-Suggested Riders Article II Subcommittee, House Appropriations Committee. On March 23rd the subcommittee met to discuss and make decisions on riders submitted by members. All members were invited to submit riders, whether on the subcommittee or not. Read the report for their decisions. Read the report.
March 30, 2021:
- House Human Services: NOTICE
March 31, 2021
State and Federal Healthcare News
- Empty chairs tell the story of pandemic’s toll at Texas kidney dialysis centers
- As COVID liability bill starts its way through the Texas Senate, nursing home residents raise objections
- Bills restricting abortion, including one that bans procedure as early as six weeks, get initial Texas Senate OK
- Ban on renter evictions during COVID-19 pandemic extended
- There are far more Texans eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine than doses available. Here’s what you need to know about getting one.
- Can’t find a shot? Texas has a new COVID-19 vaccine website to help
- Texas has administered over 10 million vaccine doses, and 13% of its population is fully vaccinated
- Express-News Exclusive: First look at UT Health San Antonio’s $430M hospital
- Texas prisons stopped in-person visits and limited mail. Drugs got in anyway.
- The push to permanently expand telemedicine across Texas
- Redfield says Azar pressured him to revise COVID-19 data reports
- What Unemployment Insurance Tells Us About Work During A Pandemic
- ‘No Excuse Not to Be Vaccinated’ in Texas, Which Expands Eligibility to All Adults
- Racial Equity In Vaccination? Dialysis Centers Can Help With That
- House Democrats target HHS ‘sunset’ rule with Congressional Review Act
- Biden Pushes Mask Mandate as C.D.C. Director Warns of ‘Impending Doom’
- Report from WHO team finds virus likely jumped from animals, not from lab leak
- Biden sets goal of 200 million U.S. COVID-19 shots in his first 100 days
- The C.D.C. extends its moratorium on evictions until June 30 to ease hardships caused by the virus.
- Satisfaction with vaccine rollout surges to 68 percent: poll
- What’s Behind the Hispanic Vaccination Gap?
- Study finds adolescents more likely to become addicted to marijuana, prescription drugs
- Behind Closed Doors, ‘the Difficulty and the Beauty’ of Pandemic Hospice Work
- Canada advisory board recommends pause on AstraZeneca vaccine for 55 and under
- How 2 Legislative Tacticians Scored Big Wins on Child Poverty in the Stimulus
- Biden announces 90 percent of adults to be eligible for vaccine by April 19
- As Pandemic Upends Teaching, Fewer Students Want to Pursue It
- COVID-19 vaccines prevent 90 percent of all infections, CDC study says
Access this document for state and federal COVID-19 updates from this week.