Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
Texas Insight Recent Reports
Article II Markup by the Article II Subcommittee of the House Appropriations Committee as of March 22, 2021. The Subcommittee used a new convention called “Pend Plus” to designate a high priority if dollars are found to fund the item. This report does not contain member-specific riders which will be considered on March 23rd. Read the report.
March 23, 2021
March 24, 2021
March 25, 2021
State and Federal Healthcare News
- Texas opens COVID-19 vaccine to everyone 16 and older on March 29
- Thousands Of Texans Living With HIV Could Lose Medication Access Due To Budget Crunch
- New coronavirus cases and hospitalizations are at lows not seen since October
- Texas lawmakers to consider extending Medicaid for mothers to cover first year after childbirth
- Biden Extends Obamacare Enrollment Period to Aug. 15
- Vivek Murthy confirmed as surgeon general
- The COVID-19 Relief Package Expands The Affordable Care Act. It Doesn’t Come Cheap
- Some Covid-19 Patients Say They’re Left With Ringing Ears
- Stop Blaming Tuskegee, Critics Say. It’s Not An ‘Excuse’ For Current Medical Racism
- Pelosi: Drug pricing measure under discussion for infrastructure package
- AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine Trial Data Questioned By Safety Board
- Vaccines and Travel: What You Need to Know
- Democrats urge FDA to clear market of all flavored e-cigarettes
- Fed’s Bullard sees fast growth this year as pandemic nears end
- Texas, Indiana and Georgia are making all adults eligible for Covid-19 vaccination.
- HHS asks Pentagon to house migrant children at two Texas bases
- Biden to announce 2022 discretionary funding request next week: official
- U.S. Health Officials Question AstraZeneca Vaccine Trial Results
- Pfizer starts early stage trial for oral COVID-19 drug
- J&J plant authorization clears way for big boost in U.S. COVID-19 shots
- Many virus metrics in the U.S. have improved, though the threat of a new surge still looms.
- Antibody drug cuts COVID-19 death risk by 70 percent
- White House says 27 million COVID-19 vaccine doses to ship out this week
Access this document for state and federal COVID-19 updates from this week.