Texas Insight’s Recent Reports
HHSC: Perinatal Advisory Council. The Council gathered to review the bylaws; discuss the results from The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality’s (AHRQ) survey of the top Texas Newborn Hospitals about The Dartmouth NICU Atlas; discuss Neonatal and Maternal Designation Programs – Department of State Health Services; hear a PAC program update; and take public comment. Find the full report here.
HHSC: Medical Care Advisory Committee. The Committee gathered to discuss Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program activities; discuss MCO Audit Coordination, Payment Caps in Disproportionate Share Hospital program, UC Secondary Reconciliation, Advisory Committee Repeals and Extensions, and Attendant Minimum Wage (Rider 45); discuss possible additional committee activities; and take public comment. Find the full report here.
HHSC: Texas Council on Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke. The Council gathered to discuss the recommendations for the 87th Regular Legislative Session; hear a presentation on Bystander Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in Schools; discuss the Chronic Care Workgroup and Stroke Survivors and Caregivers Conference Report; discuss the Department of State Health Services Representative Report; discuss the Health and Human Services Commission Representative Report; discuss the Office of Acquired Brain Injury Liaison Report; discuss the Governor’s EMS and Trauma Advisory Council (GETAC) Liaison Report; and more. Find the full report here.
HHSC: Proposed New and Amended Rules Concerning the Base Wage for Personal Attendants. The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) conducted a public hearing to receive comment on proposed amendments to §9.177, concerning Certification Principles: Staff Member and Service Provider Requirements; §9.579, concerning Certification Principles: Staff Member and Service Provider Requirements; and more. Find the full report here.
HHSC: Hospital Payment Advisory Committee. The Committee gathered to discuss Uncompensated Care (UC) Secondary Reconciliation; discuss Payment Caps in Disproportionate Share Hospital Programs; and hear updates on Medicaid Fiscal Accountability Regulation, the Private hospital Graduate Medical Education program, the Affordable Care Act Disproportionate Share Hospitals cuts, Local Provider Participation Fund Reporting; and take public comment. Find the full report here.
February 20, 2020: Health and Human Services Commission Executive Council
State and Federal Healthcare News
- U.S. citizens exposed to coronavirus on cruise ship quarantined in Texas and California
- First case of coronavirus identified in Texas; group returning from China quarantined in San Antonio
- Winegarner Earns Key Pro-Life Endorsement From Texas Alliance For Life
- Texas improperly picked winners for contracts worth $10 billion, health insurers argue
- Republican Brandon Batch Endorsed By Top Pro-Life Organization
- Leader of Texas’ health department leaving after a year for Louisiana job
- Patrick Appoints Dr. Ambrosio “Amos” Hernandez To the CPRIT OC
- State task force activated by potential threat of coronavirus outbreak
- Payout From a National Opioids Settlement Won’t Be as Big as Hoped
- US partnering with drugmakers on coronavirus vaccine
- NIH official says coronavirus ‘on the verge’ of becoming global pandemic unless containment becomes ‘more successful’
- Coronavirus Update: 346 Americans Emerge From Quarantine At California Military Bases
- The Next Hurdle for Bernie Sanders: Nevada’s Top Union Dislikes ‘Medicare for All’
- Democrats Plan to Highlight Health Care and Jobs Over Investigating Trump
- Doctor’s Suicide Note Has Parents Asking: Was My Child Really Vaccinated?
- Appeals Court Rejects Trump Medicaid Work Requirements in Arkansas
- Pelosi’s staff huddles with aides in both parties on ‘surprise’ medical billing
- Coronavirus Test Kits Sent to States Are Flawed, C.D.C. Says
- Senate Democrats pressure Trump to drop ObamaCare lawsuit
- Huge Shelters for Coronavirus Patients Pose New Risks, Experts Fear
- U.S. To Evacuate Americans From Virus-Struck Diamond Princess Cruise Ship
- Ex-Sandoz executive pleads guilty in U.S. generic drug price-fixing scheme
- U.S. states reject $18 billion proposal to settle opioid lawsuits, discussions ongoing: sources
- Juul bought ad space on kids’ websites, including Cartoon Network: lawsuit