Texas Insight’s Recent Reports
HHSC: Joint Committee on Access and Forensic Services. The Committee gathered to discuss JCAFS bylaw revisions and ideas for adding new JCAFS members; hear presentations on Community services provided through Texas Government Code §§531.0991, 531.0993, and 531.09935 and Texas Government Code §§531.0991, 531.0993, and 531.09935 report cards; discuss outpatient competency restoration rules; hear an update from the JCAFS coordination with Behavioral Health Advisory Committee Housing Subcommittee; hear subcommittee reports; and more. Find the full report here.
Health and Human Services Executive Council. The Council gathered to hear an update on the Novel Coronavirus; and discuss the Inspector General quarterly report, proposed rules, advisory committee recommendations, and information items. Find the full report here.
Medicaid Fiscal Accountability Regulation (MFAR). This posting provides an overview of the Medicaid Fiscal Accountability Rule (MFAR) that was introduced by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in November 2019. Find the full report here.
February 25, 2020: Palliative Care Interdisciplinary Advisory Council
February 28, 2020: Policy Council for Children and Families
February 28, 2020: Texas State Child Fatality Review Team Committee
State and Federal Healthcare News
- Analysis: Health care and its discontents loom over Texas Democrats in 2020
- Texas coronavirus cases climb to three after two cruise ship evacuees are diagnosed
- Confidential access to contraception for Texas teens has declined, according to a new study
- Mental-Health Researchers Ask: What Is ‘Recovery’?
- Global coronavirus infections top 80,000
- White House Asks Congress for Billions to Fight Coronavirus
- Some U.S. Farmers Boxed In By Coronavirus Outbreak
- Trump faces growing challenge to contain coronavirus
- New Genomic Tests Aim to Diagnose Deadly Infections Faster
- Coronavirus threatens joint US-South Korea military exercises: reports
- Don’t Send Them Here: Local Officials Resist Plans to House Coronavirus Patients
- FDA identified 20 drugs with shortage risks due to coronavirus outbreak
- Federal appeals court sides with Trump administration in family planning case
- Teaching Children How to Reverse an Overdose
- Drug pricing review group signs deal with Aetion for patient data