Texas Insight’s Recent Reports
HHSC: Palliative Care Interdisciplinary Advisory Council. The Council gathered to hear an update on PCIAC New Member Appointment Process; receive a presentation on the Compassionate Use Program; discuss the Medicaid Community-based palliative care benefit; hear a staff update on Palliative Care Pilot Study Progress; discuss the 2020 Legislative Report; and more. Find the full report here.
The Business of Health Care in Texas in 2019. This posting provides an overview of the intersection of business and healthcare in the state of Texas in 2019. This snapshot of business in healthcare in Texas includes an exploration of the persistent rise in health care spending, artificial intelligence (AI) in health care, price transparency, and the transition to value-based payment methodologies. While these phenomena are not exclusive to Texas, it is the intention of this posting to discuss these themes within the context of the unique business climate and culture of Texas. Find the full report here.
HHSC: Texas School Health Advisory Committee. The Committee gathered to hear presentations on youth tobacco use and vaping, and youth mental health; discuss revisions to the guidelines for Recess and Physical Activity: Impact on Student Health and Academic, Social and Emotional Development; discuss revisions to the guidelines for School Bus and Automobile Idling; have a discussion related to Senate Bill 435, 86th Legislative Session, 2019; hear updates from the Texas Education Agency, Texas Department of Agriculture, and Texas Department of State Health Services; and more. Find the full report here.
March 4, 2020: STAR Kids Managed Care Advisory Committee
March 5, 2020: Maternal Mortality and Morbidity Review Committee
March 6, 2020: Maternal Mortality and Morbidity Review Committee
State and Federal Healthcare News
- Texas Republicans raise alarms about coronavirus threat at the southern border
- Texas ready for coronavirus, Abbott says
- Abbott says the homeless need mental health care. Advocates say Medicaid expansion would help.
- Healthcare plan details from the top 6 Democratic candidates
- ACLU sues seven Texas towns for passing local anti-abortion ordinances
- Cornyn: City Of Austin To Receive $750K Federal Grant To Help Fight HIV/AIDS
- AG Paxton Applauds $1.6 Billion Global Settlement With Opioid Manufacturer
- Here’s Who Faces The Greatest Risk Of Severe Illness From Coronavirus
- California governor declares state of emergency over coronavirus
- F.D.A. Expands Coronavirus Testing in the United States
- Justices to hear first major abortion case of Trump era
- Surgeon General Urges the Public to Stop Buying Face Masks
- House approves bill banning flavored tobacco products
- Michael Bloomberg Will Address Coronavirus in Prime-Time TV Ad
- Good Medical Care Can Suffer Late In The Day
- Who’s on the U.S. Coronavirus Task Force
- Democrats seize on health care to woo seniors in 2020
- How Prepared Is the U.S. for a Coronavirus Outbreak?
- Bill banning menthol in cigarettes divides Democrats, with some seeing racial bias
- Coronavirus Fears Reverberate Across Global Economy