Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
February 23, 2021
February 25, 2021
- This meeting will be webcast: State Medicaid Managed Care Advisory Committee (SMMCAC) Agenda
- Senate Committee on Finance (Article II)
February 26, 2021
- Texans used mutual aid to help their communities through a devastating winter storm
- Vaccine doses were delayed, spoiled as storm gripped Texas. The state is racing to get
- Gov. Abbott, HHSC Announce Federal Approval for SNAP Benefit Replacements Due to Winter Storm
- Texas’ COVID-19 vaccinations begin to rebound after plunging during last week’s winter storm
- President Joe Biden to visit Houston on Friday after winter storm
- At least six people experiencing homelessness died during the winter storm. That number could rise.
- Gov. Abbott, HHSC Announce Federal Approval Allowing SNAP Clients to Purchase Hot Foods
- Winter storm and power outages delay vaccinations and reporting of coronavirus data
- ‘Like We’re Being Cursed’: First Covid and Now Waterlogged Homes
- History Repeats Itself: COVID-19 Vaccine Inequities Echo HIV Crisis
- Studies find COVID-19 variant first found in California is more contagious
- Race Versus Time: Targeting Vaccine To The Most Vulnerable Is No Speedy Task
- Vaccines Adapted for Variants Will Not Need Lengthy Testing, F.D.A. Says
- How Is The COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign Going In Your State?
- Biden health nominee faces first Senate test
- ‘I Am Worth It’: Why Thousands of Doctors in America Can’t Get a Job
- Fauci: Relaxed CDC guidance for fully vaccinated people may be coming ‘soon’
- For Some Teens, It’s Been a Year of Anxiety and Trips to the E.R.
- Johnson & Johnson ready to provide doses for 20M Americans by end of March
- See How Covid-19 Has Tested the Limits of Hospitals and Staff
- FDA recommends shorter trials for updated coronavirus vaccines
- How Meaningful Is Prediabetes for Older Adults?
Access this document for state and federal COVID-19 updates from this week.