Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
House Committee on Appropriations – Article II Subcommittee: Department of State Health Services. This report addresses presentations from the Legislative Budget Board and the Department of State Health Services. The Report from the SAO on Contracting, as well as Article II Special Provisions and Public Testimony will be provided in a separate report. Read the report.
House Committee on Appropriations: Article II Subcommittee – Health and Human Services Commission. This report addresses presentations from the Legislative Budget Board (LBB) and the Health and Human Services Commission. Public testimony will be provided in a separate report. Read the report.
March 9, 2021
March 10, 2021
- Texans don’t have to prove they’re eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine, and some are jumping the line. Here’s why.
- Austin’s Abbott medical group gets FDA approval for app that helps with chronic pain
- Texans recovering from COVID-19 relied on machines to help them breathe. Then the power went out.
- Top medical adviser to Gov. Abbott says it’s too soon to lift Texas mask mandate
- Point of Order: Unmasked
- Texas reports decline in hospitalized COVID-19 patients, but still averages 200 daily deaths as Gov. Greg Abbott lifts restrictions
- Speaker Phelan tells KXAN TV that COVID rules may be relaxed in the Texas House
- How America’s Vaccine System Makes People With Health Problems Fight for a Place in Line
- Here’s What’s In The American Rescue Plan As It Heads Toward Final Passage
- New CDC guidelines a blow for ailing airline industry
- Yearly Lung Cancer Scans Are Advised for People 50 and Over With Shorter Smoking Histories
- Inside The Fight For The Right To Die: Logistical And Ethical Challenges
- Fauci, other Biden health officials to testify on vaccination effort
- Hunting for a Leftover Vaccine? This Site Will Match You With a Clinic.
- What The $300 A Month Child Benefit Could Mean For A Family On The Edge
- Gallup: Little change in social distancing as vaccines roll out
- Pandemic Forces F.D.A. to Sharply Curtail Drug Company Inspections
- Drug Companies Plan Tax Breaks To Offset $26 Billion Opioid Settlement
- Pfizer vaccine neutralizes Brazilian virus variant in new study
- Pandemic Aid Package Includes Some Relief From High Health Plan Premiums
- Pandemic Relief Bill Fulfills Biden’s Promise to Expand Obamacare, for Two Years
- Instagram Suggested Posts To Users. It Served Up COVID-19 Falsehoods, Study Finds
- Slow pace of vaccine delivery risks global COVID-19 recovery
- In Hospitals Across Africa, A Lack Of Post-Abortion Care
- Severe Obesity Raises Risk of Covid-19 Hospitalization and Death, Study Finds
Access this document for state and federal COVID-19 updates from this week.