Texas Insight’s Recent Reports
HHSC: Texas Brain Injury Advisory Council. The Council gathered to hear committee updates; review and vote on the 2019 Executive Commissioner report; hear Office of Acquired Brain Injury program announcements; and more. Find the full report here.
HHSC: Drug Utilization Review Board. The Board gathered to take public comment on drug classes to be reviewed for the Medicaid preferred drug list (PDL), take public comment and therapeutic and clinical drug reviews on new drugs to be reviewed for the Medicaid PDL, discuss therapeutic and clinical drug reviews and updates, hear announcements of drugs recommended for the Medicaid PDL, and more. Find the full report here.
HHSC: STAR Kids Managed Care Advisory Committee. The Committee gathered to discuss the STAR Kids Advisory Committee Annual Report, and take public comment. Find the full report here.
HHSC: Texas Diabetes Council. The Council gathered to discuss the Texas Diabetes Garage and Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) transparency; hear an update on Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS); hear an update on the Texas Medicaid Managed Care Organizations (MCO) Survey; hear updates from State Agency Representatives; and more. Find the full report here.
February 4, 2020: Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Meeting
February 5, 2020: Aging Texas Well Advisory Committee
February 6, 2020: Hospital Payment Advisory Committee
February 7, 2020: Texas Council on Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke
State and Federal Healthcare News
- AG Paxton Defends Diverse Placement And Care For Texas Foster Children
- Texas officials on the coronavirus: Keep calm and wash your hands
- HHSC: Launches New Pilot Effort In Austin To Help Opioid Overdose Survivors
- Watch: Conversations on the future of health care
- US declares public health emergency over coronavirus
- Coronavirus: New York City Eyes First Suspected Case, Officials Say
- Pentagon to provide housing support for 1,000 people who may need to be quarantined
- Coronavirus Fears Lead Nurses To Threaten Strike In Hong Kong If Borders Aren’t Shut
- How Chaos at Chain Pharmacies Is Putting Patients at Risk
- Social media struggles to counter coronavirus misinformation
- Biden slams Trump for cutting health programs before coronavirus outbreak
- Pharmacists Make Mistakes. You Can Protect Yourself.
- Planned Parenthood clinic in Kentucky resuming abortions after halt
- Where Democratic presidential candidates stand on ‘Medicare for All’
- Coronavirus Anger Boils Over in China and Doctors Plead for Supplies
- Utah panel approves bill requiring fetal remains to be buried or cremated
- U.S. House passes bill to extend temporary ban on fentanyl look-alikes for 15 months
- American Life Expectancy Rises for First Time in Four Years
- FDA approves first-ever peanut allergy treatment
- As Other Democrats Feud, Bloomberg Hammers Trump on Health Care
- House to vote on disapproval resolution of Medicaid block grants
- Researchers Are Racing to Make a Coronavirus Vaccine. Will It Help?