Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
HHSC: Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response. The Task Force gathered to hear updates on the COVID-19 situation, vaccine, and vaccine distribution plan; and take public comment. Read the full report.
HHSC: STAR Kids Managed Care Advisory Committee. The Committee gathered to review and approve the STAR Kids Managed Care Advisory Committee Legislative Report and take public comment. Read the full report.
January 12, 2021
- This meeting will be webcast: Nursing Facility Payment Methodology Advisory Committee (NF-PMAC) Agenda
January 13, 2021
- This meeting will be webcast: Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) Advisory Committee Agenda
January 15, 2021
- This meeting will be webcast: Proposed metrics and associated performance requirements for QIPP SFY 2022
- 1 in 5 hospital beds in Texas are now occupied by COVID-19 patients
- DPS says a COVID test will now be required to enter the Texas Capitol on opening day of session
- Watch: Presumptive Speaker Dade Phelan says House will take session “a day at a time” as lawmakers balance agenda with pandemic
- After a rocky start, Gov. Greg Abbott promises to ramp up COVID-19 vaccinations across Texas
- Gov Abbott, TDEM Launch COVID-19 Therapeutic Infusion Center In Laredo
- Texas announces sites for next COVID-19 vaccine shipment
- Advocates worry vaccines will be out of reach for Black and Hispanic neighborhoods devastated by COVID-19
- Clogged phone lines and ethical dilemmas: Texas health providers scramble to roll out vaccine with little state guidance
- Incoming CDC director vows to tell the truth, restore trust
- A Riot Amid a Pandemic: Did the Virus, Too, Storm the Capitol?
- Talking With People In Your Life Hesitant About The Coronavirus Vaccine
- Blood Plasma Reduces Risk of Severe Covid-19 if Given Early
- WHO official warns global herd immunity from COVID won’t happen until 2022
- U.S. Is Blind to Contagious New Virus Variant, Scientists Warn
- Federal Data Reveal Which Hospitals Are Dangerously Full This Week. Is Yours?
- A New Tool in Treating Mental Illness: Building Design
- Experimental Alzheimer’s drug shows promise in small trial
- AstraZeneca and Sinopharm clear regulatory hurdles in a week of vaccine milestones.
- Senate Democrats demand Trump address COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- One 18-Hour Flight, Four Coronavirus Infections
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Association suspends donations to lawmakers who opposed Electoral College count
- 2 Arthritis Drugs Reduce Deaths in Very Ill Covid Patients, Study Finds
- An Appreciation for Vaccines, and How Far They Have Come
- White House task force warns case surge could be due to new US virus variant
- How Our Sex Habits May Affect Our HPV and Cancer Risk
- More than half of coronavirus cases spread by people without symptoms, CDC model shows
- The virus spread faster in counties where large universities held classes in person.
Access this document for state and federal COVID-19 updates from this week.