Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
As we gear up for the 87th Legislative Session, we wanted to let you know about some of our new services:
New FAQ for the Market Intelligence Data Workbook. This workbook assembles select public data to help Managed Care Organizations, Providers, Intermediaries, Investors, Policymakers, Legislators, and the public identify and visualize performance in Texas Medicaid and CHIP. With this tool, individuals or organizations can better understand Texas Medicaid Managed Care performance across different critical dimensions—market share, spending, quality, and efficiency. As HHSC moves toward emphasizing high quality, efficient healthcare in Medicaid/CHIP, this tool can be used to identify and compare areas of excellence and where there are opportunities for improvement.
Access Texas Insight’s FAQ for answers to the following questions and more information:
Q: What are the searchable variables in the spreadsheet?
Q: How was it determined which measures and metrics should be included?
Q: Where does the data come from?
Q: Is there support for interpretation and/or context?
Q: How do I access the data?
Q: How much does it cost?
Q: How can I find out more?
January 6, 2021
- This meeting will be webcast: STAR Kids Managed Care Advisory Committee Agenda
January 8, 2021
- This meeting will be webcast: Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Meeting Agenda
- Dan Patrick says senators will be tested for coronavirus, seating will be limited for opening day of the Texas Senate
- Texas COVID-19 hospitalizations remain at record highs
- Texas school sports moved indoors for the winter. So did the coronavirus.
- December 31, 2020 – Emergency Coronavirus Relief to Further Extend Unemployment Assistance to Texans
- Texas’ medical marijuana program is one of the most restrictive in the country. Advocates hope the Legislature will change that.
- House Administration sends members protocols to consider for their offices
- Texas is starting 2021 with a record number of people hospitalized for COVID-19
- As coronavirus numbers spike in Texas, DSHS Commissioner Hellerstedt tells county judges that government has maxed out on what it can do
- Eligible Texans can’t get answers about the COVID-19 vaccine. It’s not clear who — if anyone — has them.
- Here’s what you need to know about who is eligible and how to get the COVID-19 vaccine in Texas
- Cuomo says more contagious coronavirus variant found in upstate New York
- As Rollout Falters, Scientists Debate New Vaccination Tactics
- Operation Warp Speed chief adviser admits to ‘lag’ in vaccinations
- Native Americans Reliant on Hospital Feel Abandoned by U.S. During Pandemic
- COVID-19 model predicts 150,000 more US deaths within the next month
- States Are Shutting Down Prisons as Guards are Crippled By Covid-19
- Pharmacist Who Spoiled More Than 500 Vaccine Doses Said He Thought They Were ‘Unsafe’
- How Does the Coronavirus Variant Spread? Here’s What Scientists Know
- COVID-19 Cases Surge In U.S. As Vaccinations Fall Below Government Predictions
- In Minority Communities, Doctors Are Changing Minds About Vaccination
- Insurers lose multiyear lobbying fight over surprise medical bills
- In deadliest week so far, U.S. loses more than 18,400 lives to COVID-19
- Nursing homes hit early roadblocks in massive vaccine campaign
- Here’s Why Distribution of the Vaccine Is Taking Longer Than Expected
Access this document for state and federal COVID-19 updates from this week.