Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
HHSC: Chronic Kidney Disease Task Force. The Task Force gathered to review and vote on he Chronic Kidney Disease Task Force Report to Governor due January 1, 2021; vote on the bylaws; and take public comment. Read the report.
There are no meetings this week that TXI will be covering.
- Sen. Cornyn lays out what is expected on unspent CARES Act funding; says Abbott asked for extension
- Abbott: More than 1 million COVID-19 vaccines in Texas by end of the month
- Congress approves $900B COVID-19 relief bill, sending to Trump
- Gov. Greg Abbott allows only limited COVID-19 restrictions for Texas’ worst hot spots. Local leaders say it’s not enough.
- Texas COVID countermeasures showing an impact, says White House task force
- US tops 18M coronavirus cases
- Dozens Of Women Allege Unwanted Surgeries And Medical Abuse In ICE Custody
- The Coronavirus Is Mutating. What Does That Mean for Us?
- 2020 on track to be deadliest year in US history
- Biden, Calling Stimulus Bill a ‘Down Payment,’ Urges More Relief
- Fauci: Assume new COVID-19 strain is in US
- Justice Department Sues Walmart, Alleging It Illegally Dispensed Opioids
- The Second Stimulus Package: Here’s What’s Included
- BioNTech CEO confident vaccine will work against new COVID-19 strain
- Is Your State Doing Enough Coronavirus Testing? Use Our Tool To Find Out
- Pfizer Nears Deal With Trump Administration to Provide More Vaccine Doses
- CDC questioned EPA rule declining to impose tougher soot regulations
- Pulse Oximeter Devices Have Higher Error Rate in Black Patients
- For Many Americans, Latest COVID-19 Relief Package Comes Too Late
- NIH seeking individuals for study on severe allergic reactions to Pfizer vaccine
- Financial Aid Is Restored for Prisoners as part of the Stimulus Bill
- House panel subpoenas for Azar, Redfield CDC documents
- Biden receives the coronavirus vaccine.
- Surprise medical bill prevention included in year-end legislative package
- Federal Data Reveal Which Hospitals Are Dangerously Full This Week. Is Yours?
- Biden’s Choice of Vilsack for U.S.D.A. Raises Fears for Small Farmers
- First shipments of Moderna vaccine roll out after FDA approval
- Frontline Workers and People Over 74 Should Get Shots Next, C.D.C. Panel Says
- Confusion reigns as companies, industries try to navigate U.S. COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- Birx says she will help Biden team but plans to retire
- Devastated long-term care facilities become the next front for Covid-19 inoculations.
- Sacklers cited fear of OxyContin lawsuits before transferring $10 billion from their company, documents show
- F.D.A. Wants to Stop Regulating French Dressing
- 20 percent of US prisoners infected with COVID-19: research
Access this document for state and federal COVID-19 updates from this week.