Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
HHSC: Texas Autism Council. The Council gathered to hear updates on implementation of the Medicaid Autism Services benefit; receive an update on incorporating autism-specific roles and responsibilities into other HHSC advisory committees; hear updates regarding vocational and employment benefits for adults living with Autism Spectrum Disorder; and take public comment. Read the report.
HHSC: Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response. The Task Force gathered to hear COVID-19 situation and vaccine/vaccine distribution updates from DSHS Commissioner Dr. Hellerstedt, Saroj Rai, Ph.D., and Imelda Garcia, MPH; and take public comment. Read the report.
December 15, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) Advisory Committee Agenda
- This meeting will be webcast: Long-term Care Facilities Council (LTCFC) Agenda
December 16, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: STAR+PLUS Pilot Program Workgroup (SPPPW) Agenda
- Vaccinations are underway for Texas’ front-line health care workers: “I can’t believe this is happening”
- San Antonio health department sees another leadership shakeup amid coronavirus surge
- Ahead of the holiday season, Texas’ ICU capacity is the lowest since the start of the pandemic
- Coronavirus live updates: Schools ask Texas to give teachers COVID vaccine priority
- Masks required, COVID-19 tests encouraged for opening day in the Texas House next month
- Houston hospitals set to administer first COVID-19 vaccines this morning
- As COVID-19 deaths mount in El Paso, the pandemic is robbing some mourners of traditional funerals
- How Full Are Hospital I.C.U.s Near You?
- 1st Patients To Get CRISPR Gene-Editing Treatment Continue To Thrive
- Sackler family to testify to Congress on Perdue Pharma, opioids
- Moderna Vaccine Is Highly Protective and Prevents Severe Covid-19, Data Show
- How To Help Someone At Risk Of Suicide
- Fauci says Trump, Biden should be vaccinated immediately
- Modular Construction Meets Changing Needs in the Pandemic
- As Hospitals Fear Being Overwhelmed By COVID-19, Do People With Disabilities Get The Same Access?
- Surgeon general urges vaccine education among communities of color
- With First Dibs on Vaccines, Rich Countries Have ‘Cleared the Shelves’
- With 300,000 COVID-19 Deaths And Counting, The U.S. Faces Unfathomable Loss
- Republicans four times more likely than Democrats not to get COVID-19 vaccine: poll
- If Teachers Get the Vaccine Quickly, Can Students Get Back to School?
- Millions More COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Are On The Way, U.S. Officials Say
- Fauci warns people not to drop normal ‘public health measures’ as vaccinations begin
- Moderates Pare Back Stimulus Plan in Hopes of Breaking Stalemate
Access this document for state and federal COVID-19 updates from this week.