Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
Health and Human Services Executive Council. The Council convened to hear an update on the Inspector General’s Quarterly Report, hear proposed rules and informational items, and take public comment. Read the full report.
HHSC: Texas Council on Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Disorders. The Council gathered to discuss the Council’s 2020 Biennial Report to the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Speaker of The House, and Legislature. The recommendations and strategies presented in this document include unimplemented recommendations and strategies from the 2018 report, as well as suggested changes and edits to include on the 2020 report. Read the full report.
July 1, 2020: Value-Based Payment and Quality Improvement Advisory Committee. This meeting will be webcast.
- Want a coronavirus test in Texas? You may have to wait for hours in a car.
- AG Paxton Files Brief Asking SCOTUS to Declare Obamacare Unlawful
- Judge orders ICE to free migrant children from family detention during coronavirus pandemic, report says
- Texas Nurse Practitioners Endorse Eddie Rodriguez for SD 14
- U.S. Supreme Court declines Texas Democrats’ request to allow all Texans to vote by mail
- Cornyn: Austin to Receive $220K Federal Grant for PPE for Firefighters
- San Antonio health chief steps down, saying city needs to appoint a person of color
- Cornyn: Austin Clinic to Receive $264K in Funds to Improve Telehealth
- Some Texas cities revive plans to add hospital bed capacity at convention centers if coronavirus cases climb
- SIEPR: The Impact of Covid-19 on Small Business Owners
- U.S. Commandos at Risk for Suicide: Is the Military Doing Enough?
- Federal Executions to Resume Amid a Pandemic and Protests
- Farmers dial back crop plantings as COVID uncertainty rocks markets – USDA
- Essential Worker Shoulders $1,840 Debt For Trying To Get A Coronavirus Test
- Fauci predicts 100,000 new COVID-19 cases per day if US can’t control outbreaks
- Hospitals Sued to Keep Prices Secret. They Lost.
- Nearly one-third of Black Americans say they know someone who died from coronavirus: poll
- A Doctor Confronts Medical Errors — And Flaws In The System That Create Mistakes
- Fake contact tracing part of ‘rapidly evolving’ coronavirus fraud, U.S. DOJ warns
- Chinese researchers: New swine flu has potential to become pandemic
- Essential Vocab For COVID-19: From Asymptomatic To Zoonotic