Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
HHSC: Palliative Care Interdisciplinary Advisory Council. The Committee gathered to discuss the 2020 Legislative Report; review and approve the bylaws; discuss palliative skilled nursing care services; hear an update on the Continuing Education event; plan for 2021; and take public comment. Read the report.
HHSC: Early Childhood Intervention Advisory Committee. The Committee gathered to hear updates on the ECI program; discuss the Office of Special Education Programs Differentiated Monitoring and Support report; discuss the Child find assessment; hear member reports; and take public comment. Read the report.
HHSC: Aging Texas Well Advisory Committee. The Committee gathered to hear a special presentation on the Williamson County Emergency Medical Services Community Health Paramedic Program; hear updates from members on their respective organizations; and take public comment. Read the report.
HHSC: Intellectual and Developmental Disability System Redesign Advisory Committee. The Committee gathered to discuss the legislative appropriations requests for the 87th Texas Legislature (2021); hear Intellectual and Developmental Disability System Redesign Advisory Committee subcommittees’ recommendations for Texas Government Code Chapter 534, Subchapter C, as amended by House Bill 4533, 86th Legislature, Regular Session (2019), concerning STAR+PLUS pilot program; discuss the STAR+PLUS pilot program dental study; hear a STAR+PLUS pilot program update; and take public comment. Read the report.
HHSC: The Mental Health Condition and Substance Use Disorder Parity Workgroup. The Committee gathered to hear State agency updates; hear a presentation on the State of Parity; hear subcommittee reports and approve the Mental Health Condition and Substance Use Disorder Parity Workgroup Statewide Strategic Plan; and take public comment. Read the report.
November 10, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Value-Based Payment and Quality Improvement Advisory Committee (VBPQIAC) Agenda
- This meeting will be webcast: Nursing Facility Payment Methodology Advisory Committee (NF-PMAC)
November 12, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Medical Care Advisory Committee (MCAC) Agenda
November 13, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Proposed Medicaid Payment Rates for Quarterly Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) Updates
- This meeting will be webcast: Revised Public Hearing Notice Proposed Medicaid Payment Rates for the Medicaid Biennial Calendar Fee Review
- This meeting will be webcast: Texas Council on Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke (TXCVDS) Agenda
- Funeral homes and hospitals in parts of Texas brace for new wave of coronavirus infections and deaths
- Austin must ramp up coronavirus safety to avert holiday surge in cases, health chief says
- More than 6,000 people are hospitalized for COVID-19 in Texas
- 2 inmates, 7 sheriffs office employees test positive for coronavirus
- Texas officials make their case today to abolish the Affordable Care Act
- Bill filing for 2021 Texas session begins with legislation on abortion, police stops and redistricting
- Austin economic recovery slows as pandemic drags on
- El Paso’s shutdown order can stay in place despite attempts by the state to intervene
- Telemedicine moves from niche service into health care mainstream
- Hundreds in Galveston getting Pfizer’s COVID vaccine that appears effective
- Bexar County commissioners to discuss 2021 legislation, $2M in pandemic funds
- Key Justices Signal Support for Affordable Care Act
- HHS secretary anticipating ‘general vaccination’ programs by spring
- The Unexpected Boom In Startups
- The Children Never Had the Coronavirus. So Why Did They Have Antibodies?
- FDA issues emergency use authorization for Eli Lilly COVID-19 antibody drug
- How The Coronavirus Has Affected Individual Members Of Congress
- Report: The Pandemic Is Not Good For Freedom And Democracy. But There Are Exceptions
- Biden implores Americans to set aside differences and wear masks
- Travel and Coronavirus Testing: Your Questions Answered
- Two states to require masks in public at all times, regardless of distance from others
- COVID-19 Hospitalizations Are Surging. Where Are Hospitals Reaching Capacity?
- Biden Moves to Confront a Pandemic Racing Out of Control
- Biden unveils COVID-19 task force
- Plan for a Safe Thanksgiving Break
- Operation Warp Speed’s Logistics Chief Weighs In On Vaccine Progress
- Watch Full Video: Biden Delivers Coronavirus Briefing
- Democratic hopes on health care rest with Georgia Senate races
- Coronavirus FAQ: Could COVID-19 Ever Be Considered A Preexisting Condition?
- While the Pandemic Wrecked Some Businesses, Others Did Fine. Even Great.
- Election results underscore different views on coronavirus