Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
HHSC: Drug Utilization Review Board (Day 1). The Drug Utilization Review Board develops and submits recommendations for the preferred drug list, suggests clinical prior authorizations on outpatient prescription drugs, recommends education interventions for Medicaid providers, and reviews drug usage across Medicaid programs. This is a two-day meeting. Today, the Board will be looking at the PDL Classes. There will be no action taken by the DUR Board. All the drugs within the new PDL classes will be preferred and will remain available without a Predispense Authorization (PDA) prior authorization. Read the report.
HHSC: Public Health Funding and Policy Committee (PHFPC). The Committee gathered to discuss the COVID-19 Funding Allocation, the COVID-19 Response Review, the 2020 Annual Report/Recommendations Letter; and take public comment. Read the report.
HHSC: Healthy Texas Women Plus Webinar. The Healthy Texas Women (HTW) program is dedicated to offering women’s health and family planning services at no cost to eligible women in Texas. HTW: Improves access to comprehensive care for eligible women; expands services and eligibility so that more women qualify to receive services; and improves connection and coordination with other healthcare programs to deliver more robust, comprehensive, and continual women’s health services. Read the report.
November 3, 2020
- Intellectual and Developmental Disability System Redesign Advisory Committee Transition to Managed Care Subcommittee (IDD SRAC TMC) Agenda
November 4, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Aging Texas Well Advisory Committee (ATWAC) Agenda
- This meeting will be webcast: Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) Advisory Committee Agenda
November 5, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Palliative Care Interdisciplinary Advisory Council (PCIAC)
- This meeting will be webcast: Hospital Payment Advisory Committee (HPAC)
November 6, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Texas State Child Fatality Review Team Committee Agenda
- This meeting will be webcast: Nursing Facility Administrators Advisory Committee (NFAAC) Agenda
- Harris County drive-thru votes to count, federal judge rules
- U.S. Supreme Court allows inmate to sue prison officers after he was forced to spend six days in unsanitary cells with human waste
- Number of Austin-area coronavirus cases flattening, health chief says
- At the center of many Texas congressional battles: Who will protect preexisting conditions rules?
- Reversing course, Harris County shuts down 9 of 10 drive-thru Election Day voting sites
- For nearly 3 million disabled Texans, voting this year is even harder
- Trump ramps up Fauci attacks on eve of election dominated by COVID-19
- Voter Survey: U.S. Is On Wrong Track, COVID-19 Not Under Control
- Can Trump Really Speed Approval of Covid Treatments?
- On The Trail: A campaign defined by a pandemic
- LGBT and religious rights collide in U.S. Supreme Court foster-care case
- A Chance to Expand Medicaid Rallies Democrats in Crucial North Carolina
- U.S. experts to review Biogen drug that could be first new Alzheimer’s treatment in decades
- ObamaCare enrollment faces new challenges from courts, COVID-19
- American Medical Association rips Trump’s claim that doctors inflating COVID-19 numbers
- A $52,112 Air Ambulance Ride: Coronavirus Patients Battle Surprise Bills
- Regeneron halts trial of COVID-19 antibody drug in sickest hospitalized patients
- Without Ginsburg, Supreme Court Could Rule Three Ways on Obamacare