Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
HHSC: Joint Committee on Access and Forensic Services. The Committee gathered to welcome new Joint Committee on Access and Forensic Services (JCAFS) members; introduce the new Chief of Forensic Medicine for state hospitals; hold elections for the Chair and Vice Chair; hear an update on the JCAFS proposed rules; discuss JCAFS vacancies; hear Subcommittee reports; discuss Access-Utilization Review Protocol; discuss new and ongoing state hospital issues; review the JCAFS data dashboard; hear an update from Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Forensic Director; approve the JCAFS 2020 Legislative Report; and take public comment. Read the report.
Texas Department of Insurance: Advisory Committee for the Standard Request Form for Prior Authorization of Prescription Drug Benefits. The Committee gathered to review the adopted form, examine the form’s effectiveness and impact on patient safety, and determine whether changes are needed, as required under Insurance Code 1369.305(d). Read the report.
HHSC: Task Force on Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response. The Task Force gathered to hear a COVID-19 situation update; hear a year-to-date Rapid Assessment Subcommittee recap; discuss the COVID-19 Vaccination Plan; and take public comment. Read the report.
HHSC: Chronic Kidney Disease Task Force (CKDTF) Agenda. The Task Force gathered to hear updates from Task Force subcommittees; discuss recommendations for their report to the Governor; and take public comment. Read the report.
HHSC: Behavioral Health Advisory Committee. The Committee gathered to hear Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) updates; discuss goal setting and prioritization for fiscal year 2021 and next steps; conduct the subcommittee annual review; and take public comment. Read the report.
October 28, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Statewide Behavioral Health Coordinating Council Agenda
- This meeting will be webcast: Public Health Funding and Policy Committee (PHFPC) Agenda
October 29, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Intellectual and Developmental Disability System Redesign Advisory Committee (IDD SRAC) Agenda
- El Paso issues stay at home order, nightly curfew to curb spread of COVID-19
- TLS: Southerners For Medicaid Expansion Digital Vigil Town Hall
- Texas COVID-19 hospitalizations and new cases are both at levels not seen since August
- Travis County reports 102 more coronavirus cases, no new deaths
- El Paso hospitals are full as border city continues to shatter coronavirus records
- Hays County reports 66 more coronavirus cases, no new deaths since Saturday
- McKinney mayor self-quarantining after wife tests positive for COVID-19
- Fort Worth voting site closed after poll worker tests positive for coronavirus
- COVID-19 may stunt electricity demand for years
- Trump admin to announce coronavirus vaccine will be covered under Medicare, Medicaid: report
- A Chance to Expand Medicaid Rallies Democrats in Crucial North Carolina
- A World Without Legal Abortion: How Activists Envision A ‘Post-Roe’ Nation
- Eli Lilly Ends Antibody Trial In Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients, Other Trials Go On
- They Work In Several Nursing Homes To Eke Out A Living, And That May Spread The Virus
- Meadows doubles down on White House pandemic response: ‘We’re not going to control it’
- Spared early on, ‘Trump country’ now leads in coronavirus cases, deaths
- US sets new record for average daily coronavirus cases
- White House says COVID-19 aid deal seen ‘in coming weeks’
- AstraZeneca says its vaccine produces immune response in older adults
- Nurses Are at High Risk for Covid Among Health Workers, C.D.C. Says
- Nursing homes prepare for third COVID-19 surge
- Pandemic transforms some Americans into voting rights activists in raft of lawsuits
- Hospitals brace for more cyberattacks as coronavirus cases rise
- Food workers, rural Americans go hungry despite U.S. government farm aid
- Ballot initiatives in Colorado, Louisiana could restrict abortion access
- Fauci says US may want to mandate masks amid COVID-19 surges
- Veterans answer call to staff U.S. voting stations amid COVID-19
- This Addiction Treatment Works. Why Is It So Underused?