Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
HHSC: Intellectual and Developmental Disability System Redesign Advisory Committee. The Committee gathered to discuss Intellectual and Developmental Disability System Redesign Advisory Committee subcommittees recommendations concerning STAR+PLUS pilot program benefits; discuss the Home and community-based services statewide transition plan; discuss the COVID-19 impact on day habilitation; hear an update on the STAR+PLUS pilot program; take public comment; and more. Read the report.
HHSC: Value-Based Payment and Quality Improvement Advisory Committee. The Committee gathered to hear an update on the new member appointment process; hear presentations on the California Maternal Care Collaborative, Home health initiatives, and Community pharmacy enhanced services network; discuss the 2020 Legislative Report; and more. Read the full report.
HHSC: Nursing Facility Payment Methodology Advisory Committee. The Committee gathered to hold Chair and Vice-Chair elections; discuss Payment methodology alternatives options; take public comment; and more. Read the report.
September 1, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Palliative Care Interdisciplinary Advisory Council (PCIAC) Agenda
September 2, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Mental Health Condition and Substance Use Disorder Parity Workgroup Agenda
- Texas officials want to cut funding for women’s health services while preserving an anti-abortion program
- School nurses at front line of coronavirus fight, but are there enough of them?
- Texas reports more than 12,500 total coronavirus deaths as hospitalizations continue to fall
- Women say they face COVID, lack of food, abuse at house of horror Fort Worth prison
- How do you do a safe in-person doctors visit? Heres what medical experts say.
- Five health experts on the state’s coronavirus data backlog
- Covid-19 Live Updates: Cases in the U.S. Have Topped 6 Million
- As Telemedicine Replaces The Physical Exam, What Are Doctors Missing?
- U.S. Coronavirus Rates Are Rising Fast Among Children
- Gottlieb questions FDA chief’s coronavirus vaccine fast-track comments: Full approval a ‘2021 event’
- U.S. Will Revive Global Virus-Hunting Effort Ended Last Year
- Patchwork approach to contact tracing hampers national recovery
- Dermatology Has a Problem With Skin Color
- Exclusive: Most U.S. states reject Trump administration’s new COVID-19 testing guidance
- Your Coronavirus Test Is Positive. Maybe It Shouldn’t Be.
- White House suggests $1.3 trillion coronavirus aid bill; Pelosi says not enough
- Trump Program to Cover Uninsured Covid-19 Patients Falls Short of Promise
- FDA expands use of remdesivir as COVID-19 treatment
- What to Know About Colon Cancer