Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
HHSC: Texas School Health Advisory Committee. The Committee gathered to elect the Presiding Officer and Assistant Presiding Officer of the TSHAC; discuss the functions and substance of Senate Bill 435; hear an update on COVID-19; hear updates from the Texas Education Agency, Texas Department of Agriculture, and Texas Department of State Health Services; take public comment; and more. Read the full report.
HHSC: Perinatal Advisory Council. The Council gathered to hear an update from DSHS on Neonatal and maternal designation programs; discuss action item topics from September 16, 2020, PAC meeting; discuss some of the functions and substance of Senate Bill 749, 86th Leg., R.S. (2019); discuss the Levels of care rule; take public comment; and more. Read the full report.
September 22, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Long-term Care Facilities Council (LTCFC) Agenda
September 23, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: STAR Kids Managed Care Advisory Committee (SKMCAC) Agenda
September 24, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Nursing Facility Payment Methodology Advisory Committee (NF-PMAC) Agenda
- This meeting will be webcast: Intellectual and Developmental Disability System Redesign Advisory Committee (IDD SRAC) Agenda
- From abortion access to immigration, the battle over the open Supreme Court seat will affect Texas for a generation
- No doctors, no grocers, no help. Death comes early in these Fort Worth neighborhoods.
- Texans with disabilities are eligible for mail-in voting, but people must decide for themselves if they qualify
- Rep. Howard calls on Gov. Abbott to release a plan for allocating remaining $5.7 billion in CARES Act funding for Texas
- Texas will allow visitations at nursing homes, other long-term care facilities with active COVID-19 cases
- SB: Texas Senate may grind nearly to a halt if pandemic still rages in January
- State releases numbers showing low Texas public school infection rates, but the data is limited
- ‘It affects virtually nobody,’ Trump says, minimizing the effect of the coronavirus on young people as U.S. death toll hits 200,000.
- In U.N. Speech, Trump Blasts China And WHO, Blaming Them For Spread Of COVID-19
- Interest in immediately getting first-generation COVID-19 vaccine drops: poll
- The C.D.C.’s Continuing Confusion
- Rural Hospitals Teeter On Financial Cliff As COVID-19 Medicare Loans Come Due
- Justice Ginsburg’s death puts future of ObamaCare at risk
- N.I.H. Official Departs After Anonymous Posts Attacking Public Health Leaders
- ‘Unacceptable’ if Mexicans subjected to medical abuse in U.S. custody, minister says
- Dengue exposure may provide some COVID-19 immunity, researchers say
- Walmart to test drone delivery of COVID-19 test kits
- If the Supreme Court Ends Obamacare, Here’s What It Would Mean
- Government watchdog finds supply shortages are harming US coronavirus response
- Advice on Airborne Virus Transmission Vanishes From C.D.C. Website
- US sets record with 1M coronavirus tests conducted, well short of what experts say is needed
- CDC asks Americans to avoid trick-or-treating, indoor Halloween parties
- Abortion was on the back-burner in the presidential race. Not anymore.