Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
HHSC: Long-Term Care Facilities Council. The Council gathered to have a discussion on consistent surveys and informal dispute resolution, Medicaid quality-based systems, and allocation of Medicaid beds; discuss the timeline/process for preparing the LTCFC report; and take public comment. Read the report.
HHSC: Nursing Facility Payment Methodology Advisory Committee. The Committee gathered to hear presentations on the Provider-Driven Payment Model Provider Conversion Model and the Provider-Driven Payment Model, and take public comment. Read the report.
October 2, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Newborn Screening Advisory Committee (NBSAC) Agenda
- Sam Houston State, Texas State University System to hire contact tracers as experts warn of a fall COVID-19 surge
- COVID-19 was twice as contagious as experts thought when pandemic started, study says
- Texas reports more than 15,500 coronavirus deaths as cases, hospitalizations remain below July’s record highs
- Mayor wants change in COVID-19 policy
- Texas Department of State Health Services withdraws data on school infections, citing “issues”
- Wu And House Colleagues Urge Behavioral Health Executive Council To Address Lice
- Texas will spend $171 million in federal coronavirus relief funds to help renters avoid evictions
- Donna Howard Named TNP Nurse Practitioner Advocate Of The Year
- After Ginsburg’s death, high stakes for Texas’ legal challenge to the Affordable Care Act
- Coronavirus Tracers Beg Residents: Please Answer Your Phones
- ‘This Is Too Much’: Working Moms Are Reaching The Breaking Point During The Pandemic
- Democrats unveil scaled-down $2.2T coronavirus relief package
- Where Trump and Biden Stand on Abortion Issues
- Poll finds support for independent arbiters resolving ‘surprise’ medical bills
- ‘Take home’ lawsuits over COVID infections could be costly for U.S. employers
- Pandemic Highlights Deep-Rooted Problems in Indian Health Service
- With 1 Million Dead Worldwide, The Latest On A Coronavirus Vaccine
- What’s at stake if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- Trump Allies Say the Virus Has Almost Run Its Course. ‘Nonsense,’ Experts Say.
- How Operation Warp Speed’s Big Vaccine Contracts Could Stay Secret
- CDC recommends against attending Thanksgiving parades, large indoor gatherings
- ‘The Drug Became His Friend’: Pandemic Drives Hike in Opioid Deaths
- COVID-19 cases among young adults in U.S. rise 55% in August: CDC
- Hospital chain targeted in possibly one of the largest cyberattacks on US medical systems: report
- Behind the White House Effort to Pressure the C.D.C. on School Openings
- Unequal education: Pandemic widens race, class gaps in U.S. schools
- Adolescents twice as likely as young children to test positive for COVID-19
- Trump Announces Plan to Ship 150 Million Rapid Coronavirus Tests