Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
HHSC: STAR Kids Managed Care Advisory Committee. The Committee gathered to hear updates on procurement, legislative activity, and COVID-19; hear a presentation on the Telehealth and telemonitoring study; hear an Electronic visit verification update; review the STAR Kids Managed Care Advisory Committee bylaws; discuss Alternative payment models, the Utilization review of the Medically Dependent Children’s Program, and Performance improvement projects; and take public comment. Read the report.
October 6, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Texas Autism Council (TAC) Agenda
October 7, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Public Health Funding and Policy Committee (PHFPC) Agenda
October 8, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Behavioral Health Advisory Committee & Statewide Behavioral Health Coordinating Council Joint Meeting (BHAC SBHCC) Agenda
October 9, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Behavioral Health Advisory Committee (BHAC) Agenda
- Gov. Greg Abbott has closed Texas bars twice since the pandemic began. Now he’s hinting at opening them again.
- Travis County reports 58 new coronavirus cases
- President Donald Trump leaves hospital after being treated for — and downplaying — COVID-19
- Don’t expect a COVID quarantine baby boom, doctors say
- Texas colleges offer free coronavirus tests. Why aren’t more students getting tested?
- COVID-19 hospitalizations, cases drop
- Texas leaders hope rapid testing will restore normalcy in the pandemic. Health experts caution the tests have limitations.
- Gov Abbott Provides Update On Texas. Response To Deadly Ameba Found
- Texas updates coronavirus case totals in schools, but the data remains limited and murky
- The White House Bet on Abbott’s Rapid Tests. It Didn’t Work Out.
- Back Home at The White House, There Are Still Serious Risks For Trump, Doctors Say
- Trump’s COVID-19 case draws new attention to handling of pandemic
- After Meat Workers Die of Covid-19, Families Fight for Compensation
- 10% Of Global Population May Have Contracted the Coronavirus, WHO Says
- Biden campaign takes extra steps to keep him safe from COVID-19
- The Pandemic Has Hindered Many of the Best Ideas for Reducing Violence
- Americans Are Drinking 14% More Often During Pandemic, Study Finds
- Pence-Harris VP debate to draw outsized attention after Trump’s coronavirus diagnosis
- White House Blocks New Coronavirus Vaccine Guidelines
- Walmart to sell Medicare plans in latest healthcare push
- COVID-19 cases surge in U.S. Midwest and Northeast
- ‘Don’t Be Afraid of COVID,’ Trump Says, Undermining Public Health Messages
- Just over half say they would get low-cost vaccine if available: poll
- Trump steroid treatment for COVID-19 raises potential side effect risk
- Nearly One-Third of Covid-19 Patients in Study Had Altered Mental State
- Schumer: Graham must require testing for senators, staff before Supreme Court hearings
- Johnson & Johnson to pay more than $100 million to settle over 1,000 talc lawsuits: Bloomberg
- The Virus Moved Female Faculty to the Brink. Will Universities Help?
- 3 researchers win Nobel for discovery of hepatitis C virus
- White House Chief of Staff sees potential for coronavirus aid deal: Fox News interview
- White House Is Not Tracing Contacts for ‘Super-Spreader’ Rose Garden Event
- Bill to expand support for community addiction treatment passes House
- U.S. labor shock from pandemic hit women of color hardest; will it persist?
- The Coronavirus May Be Adrift in Indoor Air, C.D.C. Acknowledges
- States move to reopen again as case counts rise