Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
HHSC: Behavioral Health Advisory Committee & Statewide Behavioral Health Coordinating Council Joint Meeting (BHAC SBHCC). The Committee gathered to discuss the background and role of advisory committees, behavioral health funding sources, the goals and priority populations of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration block grants, and the role of recommendations; and take public comment. Read the report.
HHSC: Texas Autism Council. The Council gathered to hear updates on implementation of the Medicaid Autism Services benefit, and the process of incorporating autism-specific roles and responsibilities into other HHSC advisory committees; and take public comment. Read the report.
October 14, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: STAR+PLUS Pilot Program Workgroup (SPPPW) Agenda
October 15, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Texas Statewide Health Coordinating Council (SHCC) Agenda
October 16, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Stock Epinephrine Advisory Committee (SEAC) Agenda
- This meeting will be webcast: Texas HIV Medication Program Advisory Committee (THMP-MAC) Agenda
- Can thermal cameras slow COVID-19 spread? Airports are the testing ground for new tech
- Prescription drug costs take center stage in Texas races for Congress
- The pandemic disrupted work in North Texas for good, and not always for the better
- Texas teachers are demanding that schools be safe before they return. But they have little leverage short of quitting.
- For this COVID-19 “long-hauler,” symptoms have persisted for months: “I’m uncomfortable literally all day long”
- “We can’t do it alone”: Texans say federal leaders’ inaction on a new coronavirus aid package is endangering their livelihoods
- Harris County COVID restrictions unchanged despite Houston’s 5 percent positivity rate
- Texas budget cuts to children’s therapy programs flouted special education guidelines, U.S. officials say
- Johnson & Johnson Vaccine Trial Paused Due To ‘Unexplained Illness’ In Participant
- Barrett says she doesn’t classify Roe v. Wade as superprecedent
- Fauci says large Trump rallies are ‘asking for trouble’ as virus surges.
- Top Democrats call for watchdog to review Trump Medicare drug cards
- The White House physician says Trump has tested negative, but experts warn about trusting the results.
- Supreme Court declines to hear South Carolina attempt to block Medicaid funding from Planned Parenthood
- She Hunts Viral Rumors About Real Viruses
- Medical Residents Learn To Treat The Growing Health Hazards Of Climate Change
- Trump’s False Claims as He Resumes His Rallies After Hospitalization
- College Says Students May Have Sought COVID-19 Infection To Boost Plasma Donor Payout
- WHO chief calls herd immunity approach to COVID-19 ‘simply unethical’
- Facebook Bans Ads Discouraging Vaccines, In Latest Misinformation Crackdown
- Barrett says she’s ‘not hostile’ toward Affordable Care Act
- Will Kids Get A COVID-19 Vaccine? Pfizer To Expand Trial To Ages 12 And Up
- McConnell to force vote on ‘targeted’ coronavirus relief bill next week
- Scientists Confirm Nevada Man Was Infected Twice With Coronavirus
- Abbott gets emergency authorization for new COVID antibody test
- Police Arrest Anti-Lockdown Protest Leader In New York’s Orthodox Jewish Community