Texas Insight provides timely reporting of healthcare issues and events as they occur within the legislative and regulatory branches of Texas state government.
Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA): CARES Act Medicaid, CHIP, Dental Provider Relief Funds. The Health Resources and Services Administration and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services held a webinar to discuss the Medicaid, CHIP, and Dental Provider Relief Fund distribution. This report contains an overview of the Fund, the discussion and presentation material pertaining to this distribution, a step-by-step guide to the application process, and answers to providers’ questions regarding the application, terms and conditions, eligibility, and more. Read the full release.
HHSC: STAR+PLUS Pilot Program Workgroup. The Committee gathered to hold the Vice Chair election; discuss STAR+PLUS Pilot Program timeline; hear the Intellectual and Developmental Disability System Redesign Advisory Committee Transition to Managed Care subcommittee pilot benefits recommendations; discuss liaisons for the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Advisory Committee subcommittees; discuss topics for STAR+PLUS Pilot Program Workgroup subcommittees; and more. Read the full release.
HHSC: Drug Utilization Review Board. The Board gathered to hold the Chair and Vice-Chair elections; hear an announcement regarding new Preferred Drug List (PDL) Classes for October Drug Utilization Review (DUR) Board Meeting; take Public comment on drug classes to be reviewed for the Medicaid (PDL); take public comment and hear therapeutic and clinical drug reviews on new drugs to be reviewed for the Medicaid PDL; hear Therapeutic and clinical drug reviews and updates; and more. Read the full release.
HHSC: Texas Brain Injury Advisory Council. The Council gathered to hold the election of chair and vice chair; hear committee updates; review and discuss the fiscal year 2020 Executive Commissioner report; review and discuss 2020 legislative report; hear Office of Acquired Brain Injury program announcements; and more. Read the full release.
HHSC: Mental Health Condition and Substance Use Disorder Parity Workgroup. The Workgroup gathered to hear State agency updates; discuss the Department of Labor parity complaint process; discuss the Mental Health Condition and Substance Use Disorder Parity Workgroup legislative report (vote required); discuss the Mental Health Condition and Substance Use Disorder Parity Workgroup statewide strategic plan; hear Subcommittee updates; take public comment; and more. Read the full release.
HHSC: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Incentive Study Workgroup. The Workgroup gathered to conduct a roundtable discussion on local SNAP Incentive Programs including a presentation on specialty crops, consumer trends, trade, and SNAP; a presentation on the Gus Schumacher Nutrition Incentive Program grant; and strategies members use to encourage the purchase of eligible fruit/vegetables using SNAP. Read the full release.
July 28, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Palliative Care Interdisciplinary Advisory Council (PCIAC) Agenda
July 29, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Joint Committee on Access and Forensic Services Agenda
July 30, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Newborn Screening Advisory Committee Agenda
- This meeting will be webcast: Intellectual and Developmental Disability System Redesign Advisory Committee (IDDSRAC) Agenda
July 31, 2020
- This meeting will be webcast: Texas HIV Medication Advisory Committee Agenda
- Texas GOP Chairman West disagrees with mask mandate, says Abbott should be checked by Legislature in pandemic response
- State releases COVID data for Texas assisted living facilities, nursing homes
- Texas’ count of coronavirus deaths jumps 12% after officials change the way they tally COVID-19 fatalities
- Feds approve $265 million to manufacture coronavirus vaccine at Texas A&M facility
- Texas families now have until Aug. 21 to apply for food aid to make up for free and reduced-price meals
- Cecile Young to lead Texas Health and Human Services Commission
- Texas AFL-CIO to U.S Senators: Pass the Heroes Act Now
- Study: Nursing Home Residents Not Protected from Antipsychotic Drugs Under Trump
- All Spikes Aren’t Equal
- Exclusive: Poll shows pressure on vulnerable GOP senators to back state and local coronavirus aid
- Pollution Is Killing Black Americans. This Community Fought Back.
- Midwest Could See Surge In COVID-19 Cases Unless States Are More Careful, Fauci Warns
- A Possible Weapon Against the Pandemic: Printing Human Tissue
- FDA adds to list of potentially deadly hand sanitizers
- Demand Surges For See-Through Face Masks As Pandemic Swells
- Minnesota infectious disease expert calls for a second national lockdown
- Here Are the Differences Between the House and Senate Coronavirus Relief Bills
- Almost half in new poll say they have formed social ‘bubbles’ amid pandemic
- In Texas, 2 Big Problems Collide: Uninsured People And An Uncontrolled Pandemic
- Read the Latest Federal Report on States’ Response to the Virus
- GOP rolls out $1 trillion coronavirus relief package
- Pharma execs decline Trump offer for meeting on drug prices
- Pandemic Is Overwhelming U.S. Public Health Capacity In Many States. What Now?